College / university education: a prelude to teaching
When it comes to teaching, the word pedagogy is always close by given that both terms are used interchangeably. But is everyone who teaches also a pedagogue? It could be argued that solid knowledge of the discipline is sufficient for the training of college teachers; university programs rarely assign much value to pedagogical training. However, change is coming to the university landscape and it is now possible to receive pedagogical training adapted to the needs of college/university studies. This is the case with the Microprogram in higher education at Université de Montréal. I had the opportunity to take a course in the microprogram as part of my master degree in philosophy with a major in college philosophy. I think the benefits of this type of program are enormous and the following article briefly describes some of these benefits.
- Enseignants du collégial - Formation - Québec (Province)
- Pédagogie collégiale - Étude et enseignement - Québec (Province)
- Pédagogie universitaire - Étude et enseignement - Québec (Province)
- Professeurs d'université - Formation - Québec (Province)
- Sciences de l'éducation - Étude et enseignement (Universitaire) - Québec (Province) - Montréal
The Centre de documentation collégiale (CDC) offers an extensive collection of documents on college-level education and on education in general, produced by professionals in leading facilities and organizations.